We are pleased to announce the 1.0 release of Pytomation.
Pytomation is an extensible open source automation system written in Python. It's uses include home automation and lighting control but is certainly not limited to those functions.
Pytomation features include:
- Written in Python (Multiplatform)
- REST API
- Unique language to describe devices and actions.
- Smart objects: Doors, Lights, Motion, Photocell etc.
- Regular python programming in Mainloop for more complicated control.
- Easy interface to web browsers and other technology.
- Time of day on and off control.
- Delays for time off.
- Idle command, device will return to "idle" state.
- Map one command to another with optional source and time.
- Good hardware support with more coming.
- Very easy to add new hardware drivers.
- Local Telnet and Web access.
- Good documentation complete with examples.
- Much more.
Pytomation currently has support for the following hardware interfaces
with more planned in the future.
- Insteon / X10 (2412N, 2412S)
- UPB (Universal Powerline Bus) (Serial PIM)
- JDS Stargate (RS232 / RS485)
- Weeder Digital I/O board (Wtdio/RS232)
- W800RF32 X10 RF receiver (W800/RS232)
- Arduino Uno, digital and analog
- Z-Wave (Aeon Labs) DSA02203-ZWUS
- CM11 X10 control
- Others as requested.
Download links and documentation are at the bottom of the web page.
Please use the mail list for help at this time, information about
subscribing can also be found on the home page.
Downloads, docs and mail lists http://www.pytomation.com
Cheers and enjoy.