Got my HTC BH-S100 receiver in earlier this week and have had a few days to try it out at home and at work. In summary exactly what I expected and works exactly as I need it to.
- It works as advertised. It does receive full sample rate stereo PCM audio from both my Windows Mobile HTC Mogul phone and all of my bluetooth enabled Ubuntu laptops.
- Good quality audio from the receiver unit (* see cons)
- The unit is built as a spring clip that easily attaches to various clothing for support. It also includes a somewhat stylish fake leather necklace for wearing around the neck.
- Battery life is over 5 hours. Havent run it down yet to get a run-dead time, but have gotten in the habbit of charing every night along with my cellphone. Used it for several days of casual listening at work without running out.
- USB charging, sorta. The receiver has a barrel connecter on the device, however, HTC includes an adapater to go from mini-usb to barrel. Very odd configuration in my opinion, but it works.
- The included ear buds are worthless and sound like listening through a tin can. This was expected as most reviews of other devices usually find fault with the quality of the headphones. This is the reason why I purchased this receiver as you can use your own 3.5mm headphones with this device. The included headphones ended up in my trash
- Cant use while charging. Really this is only a problem when first getting the device and anxiously waiting the three hour charge time. ;)
- While you can charge the device with USB, you need to have the adpater to do it. Dont see why they just didnt put a mini-usb on the device itself.
Definitely worth the money and look forward to a hopefully long life with it.