Sunday, March 7, 2010

Upgrade from the WRT54G Wireless Router to Asus RT-N16

Ever since switching from RoadRunner internet (8 / .3 Mbps) to ATT U-verse (12 / 1.5 Mbps) I have been getting some intermittent connection failures. I suspect that my 7 year old Linksys WRT54G used as my primary Internet QOS router may be at its limits under the bandwidth load.



Upon recommendation from several folks in the forums, I have purchased a Asus RT-N16 router which I intend to install Tomato on.

Ill update when it arrives.

2 comments:

  1. How did your Asus RT-N16 install on U-Verse go? I'm about to do the same setup and was wondering how it went for you? Do you just set the U-Verse residential gateway to DMZ to the Asus RT-N16?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works great. I have the RT-N16 listed as the DMZ device from the U-Verse Residential Gateway and this doesnt appear to interfere with the U-Verse TV boxes. The CPU of the RT-N16 (with Tomato) keeps up with the packet inspection and QoS rules I have and am really happy with that setup.

    ReplyDelete