Started to work on developing some Android applications on my Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) machine and ran into a few complications during installation of the Eclipse plugin. Started getting a dependency for "org.eclipse.gef" when trying to follow Google's instructions.
Here is how I did it:
- Ensure Eclipse is installed (sudo apt-get install eclipse)
- Run Eclipse
- Select "Help" -> "Install New Software..."
>>>Repeat the following for the list of repositories<<
- Select "Add"
- Enter the Name and Location of the following
Name: Android Plugin
Name: Data Tools
Name: Web Tools
(You should now be in the "Install" Dialog after adding the above)
- Select "Android Plugin" from the "Work With:"
- Check "Developer Tools"
- Select "Next" button and follow to the end
Viola. Hopefully a working Android Plugin for you.